Tuesday, June 24, 2008

California is on fire.

We've got the Mississippi breaking levees in Missouri and flooding the place.

If that wasn't already bad enough, a bunch of weird freak lightning storms that happened on Saturday morning sparked about oh, EIGHT HUNDRED fires all over the state.

Yes, California is one big giant BBQ pit.

I'm really hoping they can get things under control soon.

This was a crazy picture from the SF Chronicle I just had to post to illustrate the point:

Sigh. I'm going to go do a raindance now.

5 comments:

Courtenay said...

wow.
now i understand better why it's impossible to see the lake right now, and why it's so incredibly smokey.

and look at you posting twice in one day ;) !

Kelly said...

i've been trying to find any good info about the fires or the smoke. it just seems like it's everywhere. aghhh

Rainmaker said...

Problem: Rain Dance
Solution: Rain Maker

Mel said...

that is crazy and scary!!!

Anonymous said...

my lungs hurt and the sun is totally creeping me out. it reminds me of the sun from "ET". Add in asthma and a lovely summer cold and you get death to the lungs! ask kelly, she heard me die on our ride wednesday.