Wednesday, March 15, 2006

The plan for the week

So I never wrote out a plan for the week and I realized I should write down what I did and what I have planned for the rest of the week. I'm kind of mad at myself because I was supposed to swim this morning but overslept (yet AGAIN!)...so I went out for a 32 minute run, which included lots of hills; managed to keep my heart rate at an average of 164 (I think it was the hill that bumped it up - the last 10 minutes went from 168 up to 186!!). Still, with swimming, I'd like to be doing it more frequently. This is so hard. Again, such a delicate balancing act. I'm clearly not doing too much as far as frequency goes, but just trying to keep that intensity at a mid level. arrrrgh!

I could go swimming tonight, but Amber's birthday party is this evening. I thought at first that it was at 7 p.m., so I thought 'cool. Get back, go swimming, drive into the city and arrive at 8 p.m.' But I checked the eVite and it's at 6 p.m. Can't go swimming. Arrrrgh. Here's the week:

Monday: 6 p.m., swam 3000 yards
Tuesday: 6:15 a.m. - went to spinning class; lifted weights with Christine (chest and abs)
Wednesday: 6:45 a.m. - ran 32 minutes; avg heartrate 164, max 189 (lots of UP - went UP Spruce and UP Eunice!)
For the rest of the week:
Thursday: 6:00 a.m. - run with Christine, lift legs
6 p.m. - swim
Friday: 6 a.m. - bike ride
6 p.m. swim
Saturday: 8:30 a.m. - bike ride with Lombardi (if not raining)
maybe do some good stretching afterward?
Sunday: rest (and deal with the swim meet!!!)

Okay...I feel better now. There's a plan I can stick to.

Still trying to figure out though, why I keep oversleeping on the morning swims. I don't oversleep when I train with Christine. It could be a number of things, but I think part of it is that maybe I set my alarm a little too early so I know I can go back to sleep for a few minutes. If I set it a little later, then I know when it goes off I have to GET UP. Something to try...

No comments: