Wednesday, April 25, 2007

My First Spinning Class as an instructor - TODAY!!!!

*BREATHE, SARAH, BREATHE!*

Why am I so nervous? Everybody has had so much confidence in my ability to do this, so why are my palms sweaty and why is my heart racing (and I haven't even hopped on the bike yet...)?

Besides wanting to be as good as everybody thinks I'll be, I just want people to get a good workout. I don't want them leaving thinking "gee, that sucked. I could've done that on my OWN better than that."

While I've taken a pretty fair amount of time designing my workout for today, one thing is that everybody is motivated by different things. Me, it doesn't take much. A little competition, a little dance music, knowing I'm making my body work hard - those all motivate me. For other people, though, it's not always so easy. Not everybody likes to push themselves as hard as they can go. Sometimes people need an extra push.

So, we'll see how it goes. I'm just going to try and remember everything I've learned and in my opinion, one of the most important things is NOT to talk a lot! We have two ears and one mouth for a reason. :-)

No comments: