Friday, April 20, 2007

Just a short update - been too long!

How can I expect people to comment if I never update my blog? So, THANK YOU to people who commented! It's nice to know that people read my blog.

So, since the 5K, I've been raising the intensity a bit but not really adhering to what the ideal 'plan' would be according to the Triathlete's Training Bible. Then again, Wildflower (my first race this year) is not my "A" race - i.e. the race that I'm really hoping to be in peak condition for. So, I'm confident in my base training and I'm feeling really great about my run.

The whole concept of LSD (Long Slow Distance) has really been a great one to follow all winter. It's really focusing on keeping your heart rate lower for a longer period of time. I feel like I've done well with this for running, which was something I felt I really needed to work on so that when it comes time to be running 13.1 miles, I can run at a good pace while sustaining a lower heart rate.

I'm just a bit concerned about the bike. I haven't been able to get out there on the road NEARLY as much as I would feel good about. All the travel I've done for work has just rendered it impossible to get out there. Spinning helps, but being able to truly log those miles on a Saturday and Sunday morning is what I'm needing. Again, luckily this is NOT my A race and it's only 25 miles.

Today is a rest day and it sure feels GOOD TO REST! I took a kickboxing class while I was in L.A. this week and it left me totally sore. Also, somebody told me that the spinning classes in L.A. would kick my ass, and they were RIGHT. It was the hardest spinning class I've EVER taken! I loved it and it gave me some great inspiration for my future in teaching spinning.

Speaking of: the exciting news:
I will officially be a spinning instructor for the YMCA Embarcadero Branch! I'll start in a couple of weeks after paperwork gets finished. I'm half nervous but half VERY excited!


No comments: