Sunday, August 26, 2007

Santa Barbara...12K Angel Island...Tour of Napa Valley...

They go by faster than I can write about them. I'm having so many incredible experiences this summer. Before I know it the Big Kahuna will be here - my final triathlon of the season. I have so much going on 'up there' and just not enough time right now to get it all out.

A lot of people focus on the results, but the more I do this, the more I cherish the entire experience. Forget the results. If I do well and I earn a ribbon here and there, well then yay for me. The bottom line is that whatever place I come in, if I can sincerely say that I was present in the experience, that I sincerely pushed my limits, that I learned something new for next time, and that I discovered more about my strengths and more importantly, my weaknesses, then I've won my race.

I'm not going to say much more other than making it clear that I didn't place at Santa Barbara and I'm totally fine with that. Sure, I was hoping to go reclaim a spot on that podium but it didn't happen due to reasons beyond my control. I sure turned lemons into lemonade, though...

...I promise to write more this evening. I'll get it all down here - REALLY!

Parting words for now: I love this sport and I'm only getting better at it. :)

1 comment:

Devon said...

Got your email girl and just wanted to say, WAY TO GO! Pushing past such a big mechanical to come out strong is very impressive. I am so proud of you! Congrats!